Important Information And Who We Are
This website is not intended for children (those under the age of 18) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If as a Parent or Guardian you are aware that your child has visited this site please contact us.
The Data We Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
· Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
· Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
· Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details. We do not store any credit card or bank information.
· Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you may have purchased from us.
· Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
· Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
· Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods, services or finance). In this case, we may have to cancel a product, service or finance application you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling
in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products, services or finance;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our Service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
Automated technologies or interactions.
As you interact with our website we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. You may turn off this service in respect of cookies by not agreeing to them. This may prevent you accessing some of Our Services.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks based inside the EU; and
- search information providers based inside the EU.
- contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators based inside the EU.
- identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU
Please also see our clause 6.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
· To protect our rights and our property
Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we may use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Credit Reference Agencies (CRA’s) And Fraud Protection
When you make an application to us for finance, we will request a credit check against the information you have supplied. This check is to asses your credit worthiness and confirm your identity.
We also, prior to providing goods, services or finance, make checks on the information you have provided to us, for the purpose of preventing money laundering and fraud.
The agencies which we may use (CRA’S) have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you read them. The notice is known as “ Credit Reference Agency Information Notice” (CRAIN). This notice will explain to you how the information received by them, on you, is handled.
Please visit www.callcredit.co.uk/Crain for further information.
If you would prefer to contact the credit agencies directly they can be contacted via these links, telephone or by post;
Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box, 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US,
Telephone number 0844 335b 0550 or on www.equifax.co.uk
Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF, Telephone 0844 481 8000 or on www.exerpian.co.uk
Transunion (previously Callcredit), Consumer Servcies Teamm, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ, Telephone 0870 060 1414 or www.callcredit.co.uk
This is the agency that ‘Even Loans’ uses at the present times.
There are other such services available, these above are an example.
If any information provided by us is or appears to be inaccurate please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal promptly and fairly with your concerns. You also have rights under the GDPR legislation and regulations as detailed in this policy.
Marketing And Promotional Offers From Us
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive our marketing communications if you have requested information or purchased goods or services from us without opting out of receiving that marketing. You can opt out at any time.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product, service or financing experience or other transactions.
Change Of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures Of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table Purposes for which we will use your personal data above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.